Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Game Recap

So just a few minutes ago, I came across an interesting article on Kotaku, about one editor's past year of games played, and which he had beaten. I found it to be pretty interesting, even for having barely any body of text, in which most non-gamers would find it very boring. So I decided that since I haven't really kept track of what games I've played and completed during last year, this would be the perfect time to form a recap of the same sort for myself.

He did a great job of setting down some information before continuing, and I want to follow the same sort of "rules." Basically, all games listed were playing during 2010, and all the bold games are the games that I have finished. They were all played for at least an hour, which means I'm not counting all the games I bought, tested out, but didn't play for more than a few minutes. Now obviously, some games do not have a set "end," but nonetheless they deserve to be on the list. Also, just because I beat a game does not mean I 100% completed it. I will, however, put an asterisk next to a game that I have either deemed 100% complete (that can be beaten without 100% completing it) or have collected all the achievements in, being Xbox 360 game. A note: many games on this list have been played/beaten in years prior. Hence, this is not a list of just new games played and beaten, but rather a comprehensive list of what I've played all throughout last year. To be fair, I will also put a ^ symbol next to games that I have beaten some year before 2010. Finally, there is no particular order to which I've put the systems in, and all games will be listed alphabetically.

SNES: Played 3 - Beaten 1
Chrono Trigger^
F-Zero
Illusion of Gaia

Nintendo DS: Played 7 - Beaten 1
100 Classic Books (maybe reading counts as beating it?)
Contact
Disgaea DS
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Picross 3D
Picross DS^ (I erased all save data and started again)
Etrian Odyssey III (got to the very last boss)

GameBoy/GameBoy Color/GameBoy Advance: Played 8 - Beaten 3
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Golden Sun^
Golden Sun: The Lost Age^
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages^
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons^
MegaMan Battle Network
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Metroid Zero Mission^

Nintendo 64: Played 1 - Beaten 1
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time^ (in 14 hours)

PlayStation 2: Played 7 - Beaten 1
Final Fantasy XII
Frequency
Futurama
Kingdom Hearts^
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
Persona 3 FES

GameCube: Played 4 - Beaten 1
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker^
Metroid Prime^ (surprisingly not 100% complete this time)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes^

ipod Touch: Played 3 - Beaten 0
Crosslogic Unlimited (over 1700 puzzles!)
Game Dev Story
Peggle^

Wii: Played 8 - Beaten 2
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Anniversary
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Prime (on the Trilogy)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Wii Sports Resort

Xbox 360: Played 27 - Beaten 11
Assassin's Creed*
Assassin's Creed II
Bioshock^
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Breath of Death VII
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Darksiders
Doritos Crash Course
Fable II* (not including DLC)
Fallout 3 (including all DLC)
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Harm's Way
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures*
MegaMan Anniversary Collection
NCAA Football '08
Perfect Dark
Psychonauts
Pure
Shadow Complex*
Super Meat Boy
Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled

Total: Played 68 - Beaten 21

So there you have it. I have played a total of 68 games this year, each for at least an hour. I'm probably close to the end of two or three of these games, and well into a handful of others. You can see that many of the titles on this list I have beaten before, which is a good thing, seeing that I can still go back an enjoy older games. Hell, three of the games on this list have probably been beaten a total of 15 times combined, and I'm sure I'll beat each one at least twice more before I quit playing games. And that's not even counting the three times in a row I beat Shadow Complex. Still, a ratio of beating less than a third of the games I've played last year? That's not very good, and if I'm going to spend time playing games, maybe I should consider playing each one to its end before starting another. Speaking of which, I should return to playing Darksiders. The next post will most likely be about said game, and my thoughts about how reviewers were right and wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment